chocolate candies2

木曜日, 6月 25, 0021


taken from: http://ninjabread.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/mashed-potatoes-abfood0107-de-766032.jpg


taken from: http://www.bento.com.sg/uploads/products/54/_MG_4749.JPG

I was watching Okto where i see the chef use a whole chunk of butter for cooking a pot of chicken. I was like "WHOA!". Suddenly out of no where, it reminds me of my dad. Somehow it reminds me of him standing in the kitchen and making the mashed potato when he's free. The smell coming from the mashed potato is always so.... buttery. He once thought me how to make it, it was simple. But no matter how hard I try to make it, I would never acheive what he had made. From the simple steps of peeling the skin from the potato, to adding salt and butter to the potato, he did it like he had done it 100 times before. Last Sunday was Father's Day, I was thinking if he was still alive, how would I celebrated it for him. A dinner? A simple mashed potato he thought me how to make? O_O i totally have no idea.
Wanted to have soba for dinner. But was too lazy to go out to buy it. There's receipe on the website. Guesss I'll make it once I have the time.

Soba noodles with dipping sauce (Zarusoba)
Note: zaru means basket - so these are soba served in a basket.
To serve 4 people
For the sauce (soba tsuyu):
1/2 cup of kaeshi
1 1/2 to 3 cups of dashi stock or vegetarian dashi stock
Combine the two in a pan and bring up to a simmer. The less dashi you add the more intense the sauce will be, so add the dashi a little at a time, and start tasting after you’ve added about 1 1/2 cups: keep adding if it’s too strong. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, then let cool. You can do this a day ahead of time, and refrigerate the tsuyu.
Quick and easy version: Buy a bottle of concentrated tsuyu or mentsuyu, such as this one from Kikkoman, and thin out with water.
The noodles:
400g soba noodles, or about 100 grams per person (See note below about selecting soba noodles). Most soba comes in 100 or 200 gram packets.
Condiments, or yakumi:
Select at least one from:
Finely chopped green onions (this for me is essential)
Grated wasabi
Seven-flavor pepper (nanami tohgarashi = see this list for a description)
Toasted sesame seeds
Finely shredded green shiso leaves (another favorite for me, if it’s available)
Finely cut nori seaweed (cut with a pair of kitchen scissors, or just shred with your hands)
Grated fresh ginger
Finely julienned myouga (a kind of onion-like bulb: hard to find outside of Japan)
Finely grated yuzu peel

from: http://www.justhungry.com/basics-cold-soba-noodles-dipping-sauce

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム